GDPR

"For some of us still life moves on"
Details of all changes to the Freeworld site, so you don't miss a trick.
mr_freeworld
Site Admin

GDPR

Post by mr_freeworld » Wed May 02, 2018 7:38 pm

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.

According to the European Commission, "personal data is any information relating to an individual, whether it relates to his or her private, professional or public life. It can be anything from a name, a home address, a photo, an email address, bank details, posts on social networking websites, medical information, or a computer’s IP address."

By having an account on this forum, your stated NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS and IP ADDRESS will be stored in our secure database, and this information will be used exclusively for accessing this forum, and will not be shared with any other party. Communication with this forum is over an encrypted connection.

New users are already being asked to state that they are happy with this use of their personal information as a condition of joining. Existing users who registered before 1 May 2018 will have to give their consent as well. This could be by forced re-registration but hopefully there is a better way. I'll update this post when I figure it out ........

Anyone who has not visited the forum at all in the past 2 years will have to re-register, I have deleted all inactive accounts (sorry!)

Mr F
Man, I still think them cats are crazy