Sounds Online

"For some of us still life moves on"
Details of all changes to the Freeworld site, so you don't miss a trick.

Sounds Online

Postby Craigie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:49 pm

This question may have been answered before bit I was just wondering if the sound section / live / interviews on this site will be up and running again? i miss listening to the live section :cry:
"We're going to run away from all of this to somewhere good someday..."
Craigie
Regular
Regular

Re: Sounds Online

Postby mr_freeworld » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:37 am

I guess so! I took a lot of stuff down to save space plus it had been there for a heck of a long time. I'm in the midst of a bit of a tidyup so I could put up some of the live shows again I'm sure. The interviews are still there I thought.

Al
Put on your red shoes and dance the blues
mr_freeworld
Site Admin

Postby mr_freeworld » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:12 pm

I've reinstated the live shows but since they use Real Player and I no longer do, I can't verify that they're playing ok. Should be, but if someone could verify this that would be grand.

Al
mr_freeworld
Site Admin

Postby Craigie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:10 pm

Awww Mr F I don't think they're working. I still have real player and not one of the live shows worked, although other real player content that I tried on other websites did.
"We're going to run away from all of this to somewhere good someday..."
Craigie
Regular
Regular

Postby mr_freeworld » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:35 pm

I'll check it out. Should probably redo them as streaming MP3 anyway these days.

Thanks
Al
mr_freeworld
Site Admin

Postby mr_freeworld » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Okaaaaaaay ... that took a while! Spurred on by this week's latest Kirsty reissues ...

All the live shows I have in my possession (apart from the Fleadh in deference to its recent appearance on the current batch of reissues) are now online as streaming MP3 (290k or thereabouts). They've moved into the main Gig Guide since that makes a bunch of sense to me, also I can link in to any available YouTube clips. I've remastered the live shows a bit in Goldwave, some of them were really dull sounding. I hope I did an OK job of shining them up a bit, all I did was boost certain frequency bands - lifting the mid, dampening or sometimes boosting the bass, that sort of thing. I didn't apply any other filtering. Some of them still suffer from source distortion but I couldn't do anything to reduce that.

Enjoy the ride.

Al
mr_freeworld
Site Admin

Postby Stranger09 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:06 pm

Craigie wrote:This question may have been answered before bit I was just wondering if the sound section / live / interviews on this site will be up and running again? i miss listening to the live section :cry:

On this topic, has anyone got the Fleadh 1993 broadcast? I've seen that it was re-broadcast on 6Music a while back, and shared on some online blogs, but sadly I missed it. It's been on my wishlist for ages, and I guess I've been looking out for it at the wrong times.

On the bright side I did find the FM stereo broadcast of Glastonbury 1992 this morning...I always thought the guitar sounded brilliant on that (I was there, too! :)), on the FM stereo version it sounds even better! :)
Stranger09
Working down the Chip Shop
Working down the Chip Shop

Return to Freeworld Site Updates