Kirstyfest 2016

"If you'd have come you'd have found me there"
SUNDAY 9 OCTOBER 2016 at High Noon is the date for your diaries.

Kirstyfest 2016

Postby Celestine » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:15 pm

Please see this link for this year's Kirstyfest.
Sunday 9th October 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/552711574916196/
Me & Billy!
Celestine
Desperate Character
Desperate Character

Re: Kirstyfest 2016

Postby woodstock » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Love your user name.
woodstock
On the beach
On the beach

Postby Terry » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:52 am

woodstock wrote:Love your user name.

Careful what you say ... Celestine's as tough as Marlon Brando.
Hasta la victoria siempre.
Terry
Amazonian 7 Star
Amazonian 7 Star

Postby terryhurley » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:19 pm

Hi all. Just a week to go until our big day of everything Kirsty! This is how the day is looking so far.....
Meet at Kirsty's bench in Soho Square at 12noon on Sunday 9th October. There will be a speech and a good old sing-song before heading to The Phoenix Artist Club, 1 Phoenix Street (just off Charing Cross Road) for more celebrations.
Please make yourself known to our 'resident' guitarist Terry Hurley if you would like to perform a song- either singing or playing, or both!
We are very lucky to have the chance to hear a previously unreleased demo of 'You broke my heart in 17 places'. Thanks to Mark Nevin.
There will also be the chance to buy a cd for £5 of a 60 minute interview courtesy of and copywritten to rock journalist John Tobler who interviewed Kirsty back in 1989 for the release of 'Kite'. It was never used at the time but it is a great little interview that captures Kirsty perfectly. John will explain more on the day.
We have a new quiz master this year. Neil Partridge is taking the mic (not literally) to test our knowledge, so I hope you are brushing up on your Kirsty trivia!
Finally, please check your London travel links here:

Tube, Overground, TfL Rail, DLR & Tram status updates

DISTRICT LINE: Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 October, no service between Embankment and Dagenham East. Replacement buses operate

tfl.gov.uk|By Transport for London

terryhurley
Forum addict
Forum addict

Postby terryhurley » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:47 pm

STOP PRESS....ANNOUNCEMENT...
Change of venue for Sunday!
Hi again everyone. Unfortunately The Phoenix are proving difficult to work with on a few things this year and only informed me on Saturday that they will not provide food for our event this Sunday.
48 hours later, and some lost sleep/floor pacing I have managed to secure The Spice of Life pub! We have use of the basement bar from 12-4pm and after 4pm they will reserve an area in the main bar for us to gather. Food is served all day.
Considering it's such short notice, they have been so accommodating. It goes without saying that we are naturally a lovely bunch but if we can be extra nice and smiley to the bar/serving staff to show our appreciation, that would be great!
The Spice of life is next to the Palace Theatre (currently hosting the Harry Potter stage show) on Cambridge Circus/Shaftsbury Avenue/Charing Cross Road.
Here is the link: http://www.spiceoflifesoho.com/
Cheers! Claire x
terryhurley
Forum addict
Forum addict

Postby Neil O. » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:01 am

Dear All,
thanks for a great day yesterday and wasn't it nice to back in the Spice, a warm welcome, good beer and good food!
Vambo rules
Neil O.
Desperate Character
Desperate Character

Postby Al Oween » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:55 pm

A great day indeed, thanks so much to Claire, Terry and everyone else involved in making it happen. Great musical contributions too, including the (somewhat inebriated) continuation in the Coach and Horses next door!

I agree with Neil about The Spice - big improvement, and from a personal point of view, nice to return to the venue of my first Kirstyfest in 2006. If only it was a tiny bit bigger, to accommodate the ever growing Kirsty family :-)
It's much too dangerous to get closer to you.
Al Oween
Desperate Character
Desperate Character

Postby Kirsty's little fan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:04 pm

I had a fantastic time yesterday. Thank you to Claire, Terry and everyone else for making the day special. It was my first time at the Spice Of Life and I met some lovely new people there. All the performances were brilliant especially Chloe, the 11 year old girl who got up and sang 'Sun On The Water' and 'Chip Shop'.
Kirsty's little fan
Desperate Character
Desperate Character

Postby G.R. » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:47 pm

I was just thinking about you guys! Glad y'all had a great time. :D
"Maybe I'll always be
The one and only girl for me"
G.R.
Amazonian 7 Star
Amazonian 7 Star

Postby woodstock » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:05 pm

Well, everyone, that was a great Kirstyfest. Some great live music from the usual suspects, and Chloe, who was excellent.

Claire and Terry get huge thanks for their efforts, while The Spice Of Life must be one of the best pubs in London.

The Croydon quartet of ladies were a welcome addition to the crowd, as were all other newcomers.

Once again Karen came up from down under, with four generations of her family, and a new CD!

Can't wait until next year, perhaps then we can have more time in the pub basement.

See you all next year, I hope. Rich.
woodstock
On the beach
On the beach

Return to Soho Square