Who Killed Kirsty Maccoll

"It was the place where she felt free, and Heaven lies under the sea"
Jean MacColl is pursuing justice in Mexico regarding Kirsty's untimely death. Air your views here.

Who Killed Kirsty Maccoll

Postby flying_kite99 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:30 am

Hi everyone I am new on this board but a kirsty fan since a long time. I unfortunately only discovered her after her death which is one of the most outrageous things ever occured to me. none the less, i was wondering if any of you at have the bbc documentary at home or on your computer. i was looking through the whole internet for weeks but couldnt find anything. i would really much like to watch it. if anyone has a copy of the documentary, i would really appreciate your help!!!!!!!
flying_kite99
Working down the Chip Shop

Re: Who Killed Kirsty Maccoll

Postby tropical brainstorm » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi flying_kite

Welcome aboard. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. I too am one of the unfortunates who discovered her only too late.

A Freeworlder kindly sent me a DVD with the programme on it, memory fails me so can't quite remember.. but they were very friendly.

In the mean time, you can find the BBC Tribute broadcast after her death on Youtube, along with some other gems - especially the Jools Holland 1992 performances of Angel and Soho Square.

If you can get to London in October definitely consider coming to the Soho Square meet-up. People come from all over and newbies are embraced with open arms (and drinks)

Best wishes

TB

X
tropical brainstorm
Regular
Regular

Postby flying_kite99 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:02 pm

Thank you so much for the kind words and the help. Even tho I was really hoping for the proper BBC documentary.
But thank you anyway and I'm going to look it up on youtube!! If you find anything out about who sent it to you let know!
Also thank you for the info about soho square! not going to miss it for the world !!
xx
flying_kite99

Postby Rentie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Flying...

I've emailed you. Got the documentary and lots of other Kirtsy footage on DVD I'll gladly copy you.

Rentie x
Rentie
Forum addict
Forum addict

Re: Who Killed Kirsty MacColl?

Postby Gottalovehuskerdu » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:04 am

Hello Everyone,

I am yet another Kirsty fan who discovered her talents way too late. Was first introduced to her via my older brother's vinyl copy of Kite and the single Freeworld.

Have managed to get all her albums and my local library is ordering in the book written by Jean MacColl. I have also seen a very good doco on youtube about Kirsty's life.

The one thing I would love to see is the documentary, Who Killed Kirsty MacColl. I wondered if anyone on this forum who has a copy would be able to get in touch. Can gladly pay postage costs etc.

Thanks,

Gottalovehuskerdu
Gottalovehuskerdu

Return to Justice for Kirsty Campaign